University President’s Scholarships (UPS) in UniSA, Australia
Designation/Position- University President’s Scholarships (UPS)
University of South Australia, Australia offers University President’s Scholarships (UPS) for international students to pursue postgraduate research programs.
About- University President’s Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
A UPS will cover tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The living allowance must be provided by the University of South Australia center, school, a division where an applicant has applied. The minimum rate is the RTP Stipend base rate. In some cases, the living allowance may be provided by a sponsor or external funding provider.
The benefits and conditions are based on those applicable to the RTPi scholarship; however, they may be amended depending on the source of the living allowance; any offer made will detail the benefits and conditions that apply.
Travel expenses are not covered by the scholarship.
Location- University of South Australia, Australia
Research/Job Area- Offered over different departments across the University
- You must have a University of South Australia supervisor willing to nominate you for consideration and outstanding academic records, and be a citizen of an overseas country eligible for entry to Australia for the time required to complete the research degree.
- UPS are nearly always given to doctorate by research candidates but can be given to masters by research candidates in some cases.
- These scholarships can only be taken at this university.
Competitive selection criteria
- UniSA rates each scholarship application according to the following parameters: grades obtained in an undergraduate degree, referee’s reports, proposed area of research, and supervisor report. Applicants are ranked in descending order according to their scores on each of these criteria and scholarships are awarded based on merit. There are usually more applicants eligible for admission to research degrees than there are scholarships available. For more details, refer to the Research Degrees Scholarship Allocation Guidelines: Competitive Commonwealth and University of South Australia funded scholarships (PDF file, 83KB).
- Generally, scholarship recipients must have first-class Honours or equivalent.
- An awardee must be enrolled on a full-time basis as a candidate for a Master by Research or Ph.D. at the University of South Australia.
- An awardee shall be enrolled as an internal candidate at the University of South Australia.
Job/Position Description- Tuition fees plus a living allowance of at least $27,082 per annum (2018 stipend rate).
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
Graduate Research Team
Tel: +61 8 8302 5880
Fax: +61 8 8302 0828