Designation/Position- Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Deakin University invites application for Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for eligible and interested candidates
About- Deakin recognises students with consistently high academic performance and the potential to make a leading contribution to the university and its communities. Successful students will be required to participate in the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program. Unsuccessful applicants of the Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship will automatically be considered for the Deakin International Scholarship.
Research/Job Area- All programmes
Location- Deakin University
Locked Bag 20000
Geelong VIC 3220
- be a prospective international student for a coursework degree at Deakin University
- be eligible to study at Deakin University
- have achieved an 85% average (or equivalent) in previous studies.
All criteria must be met.
Selection of successful applicants for the fixed number of scholarships will be competitive and may require scores above the stated minimum requirements.
You are required to submit:
- a completed Deakin International Scholarship Program application form (PDF, 536KB)
- a personal statement (300 words)
- two references who can comment on your community engagement and/or leadership capacity
- a completed application to study at Deakin including academic transcripts.
Your personal statement must be written by you and reflect your personal views. It should contain:
- an outline of why you want to study at Deakin University
- an overview of any extracurricular activities and work experience (paid or voluntary) you have undertaken
- why you think you would make an outstanding ambassador for Deakin University
- any other information that will assist your application.
You may also be asked to attend an interview.
This scholarship is available for the normal duration of the course.
- All of your tuition fees or 50% of your tuition fees.
- * Participation in the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program (VCPEP). Students will be required to participate in this program as part of the DVCIS scholarship.
- Priority place for on-campus accommodation (at own cost and subject to availability).
How to Apply-
Please email your completed form to the Deakin International Admissions office.
Last Date for Apply– This scholarship is open to all students commencing studies. It is recommended that scholarship applications be submitted at least one month prior to commencing your studies at Deakin.