GIST Scholarships for 2022 are now available. 300 GIST Korea Scholarships available for Fall 2022 Masters/MPhil and Ph.D. Students from all over the world can apply for the GIST International Scholarship in Korea.
- GIST Scholarships for 2022 are now available.
- 300 GIST Korea Scholarships available for Fall 2022 Masters/MPhil and Ph.D. For all international students.
- GIST University will cover all expenses.
- The GIST Master Scholarship normally lasts 2 years, while the GIST PhD Scholarship lasts 4 years.
- Academic fields covered by the Gwangju University scholarship
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is a science and technology research university in Gwangju, South Korea. So-called ‘Korean’ universities compete with GIST University will cover all expenses. The GIST Master Scholarship normally lasts 2 years, while the GIST Ph.D. The scholarship lasts 4 years. Academic fields covered by the Gwangju University scholarship
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship:
|University||Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)|
|Study Level||Master & Ph.D|
|Deadline||15th April 2022|
GIST Korea University Scholarship
3415,000 won per semester for all students.
Stipends (International Students):
- MS students get 140,000 won, PhD students get 295,000 won
- 120,000 won/month meal allowance
- For the above two, students must have completed 9 credits previously.
- Per month, 120,000 won for international students 3-point semester GPA (out of 4.5)
(All research assistants):
- M.S. 4,820,000 won Ph.D. 11,480,000 won (All International Students)
- The Korean National Health Insurance fee is supported by 60%.
Reimbursement for annual medical check-up (All Incoming International Students)
- Flight to Korea reimbursed
GIST University Study Programs
- Master of Science Program (M.S.)
- Doctor of Philosophy Program (Ph.D.)
- Integrated M.S. and Ph.D. Program (M.S./Ph.D.)
GIST offers M.S., Ph.D., and combined M.S./Ph.D. An M.S. program normally takes two years and a Ph.D. program four years.
It takes three years, seven years, and eight years to complete a master’s, doctorate, or combined master’s/ph.d.
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- Statement on Application Documents Submission
- Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor’s Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree Transcript
- Certificate of Master’s Degree or Master’s Diploma
- Master’s Degree Transcript
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Applicant’s Passport Copy
- Applicants from any country can apply.
- A bachelor’s degree is required for master’s programs.
- If applying for a PhD, a Masters degree is required.
Scholarships at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology are available until April 15, 2022.
How to Apply
This scholarship is online only. Please use the link below to apply online or see the scholarship announcement.