Designation/Position- International Masters Scholarship
The University of Auckland invites application for the University of Auckland International Masters Scholarship for eligible and interested candidates
About- A Scholarship of up to $32,000 towards international student tuition fees for a masters programme in the University of Auckland Business School.
The Scholarship was established in 2013 and is funded by the University of Auckland Business School.
The main purpose of the Scholarship is to attract international students to the Master of Human Resource Management, Master of Management, Master of International Business, Master of Marketing or Master of Professional Accounting degree at the University of Auckland Business School, enabling them to gain the skills and knowledge required to launch a business career. A key objective is to enhance the diversity of the class profile.
Research/Job Area- Master of Human Resource Management, Master of Management, Master of International Business, Master of Marketing, or Master of Professional Accounting
Location- The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- To take up and be paid the Scholarship, the recipient must be enrolled and have paid the fees, or arranged to pay the fees, for full-time study in a Master of Human Resource Management, Master of Management, Master of International Business, Master of Marketing, or Master of Professional Accounting degree at the University of Auckland Business School. Students who have commenced study in the program are not eligible.
- The Scholarships are tenable by international students only.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit as assessed by the grade point average (GPA) or grade point equivalent (GPE) calculated over the most recent qualifying program and a written statement highlighting the applicant’s potential to succeed in business studies at the University of Auckland, career goals, motivations and how they can be an ambassador for the University of Auckland Business School.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum GPA/GPE of 6.00 (see Note V). Preference may be given to students not receiving other financial assistance.
- The Scholarship will be awarded by the University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising the Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics (or nominee), the Director of the Graduate School of Management (or nominee), and the Director of Masters Programmes of the Graduate School of Management (or nominee).
- To continue to hold the Scholarship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 5.00 (equivalent to a B average) in each quarter of study.
- The Scholarship will be paid as a tuition/compulsory fees credit for the program’s duration in installments at the start of each quarter.
- The Scholarship may be held concurrently with any other scholarship, award, or grant as long as the regulations for that scholarship, award, or grant permit and the University of Auckland Council is informed and approves. It is the recipient’s responsibility to declare to the Scholarships Office all other scholarships, awards, or grant funding received and for which the awardee receives payment while also in payment for this Scholarship.
- The University of Auckland Council has the power to terminate or suspend a Scholarship if it receives a report of unsatisfactory progress of a Scholar from the Director of Masters Programmes of the Graduate School of Management, or if the Scholar withdraws from their program of study.
- The University of Auckland Council is not obliged to make an award if in any year there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
- Certificate and the most recently completed prior degree.
- The written statement should be no more than 500 words.
- Tuition/Compulsory fees are those related only to the relevant program of study, plus the Student Services Fee.
- Students enrolled in a Master of Management will be paid $5,000 for each of the first four quarters of study and $4,000 for the fifth and final quarters.
- Students enrolled in the Master of International Business, Master of Marketing, Master of Professional Accounting, and Master of Human Resource Management will be paid at $5,000 for each of the first four quarters of study and $6,000 for the final two-quarters of study.
- In accepting the Scholarship, the recipient authorizes using their personal University of Auckland details and photo in promotional materials for the Business School’s programs.
- It is also anticipated that the recipient will participate as an ambassador at events that support and promote the Scholarships and studies at the University of Auckland Business School.
- The most recent qualifying program is the most recently completed program of study that qualifies the applicant for entry to the master’s program for which they are applying. The qualifying program is conjoint; the GPA/GPE will be calculated over the conjoint program’s entirety.
- The maximum approved exchange or transfer credit that can be excluded from the GPA/GPE calculation for the qualifying program is 60 points. Where the most recently completed program is a Transitional Certificate, the qualifying program is the Transitional.
How to Apply-
- Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible to apply.
- Then click on the “Apply now” button and complete the online application form.
- All sections (including request sections) must be completed by the closing date, midnight on the specified date (unless stated otherwise).
- Outcomes are determined by a selection committee and are usually notified around six weeks after the closing date.
Last Date for Apply– 1 June 2021
5 January (April intake) 1 June (September intake)