Designation/Position- International Scholarships
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), Germany invites application for International Scholarships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide. In line with these principles, Foundation awards scholarships to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, we actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
After finishing their studies in Germany, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects its former scholars to contribute actively to the development of their home country’s relations with the Federal Republic of Germany.
Research/Job Area- All available research area
Location- German Universities
Scholarship Program for International Students is aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay of at least three semesters at a university in Germany.
- have a university degree, as we do not provide support for bachelor studies,
- prove above average academic performance,
- be no older that 30 when applying,
- have good knowledge of the German language (B2-level),
- be actively engaged in voluntary work,
- plan to study a minimum of three semesters at a university in Germany,
- possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- be open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance,
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
- Students in Medicine or Pharmacy can only apply after having completed their intermediate exam in Germany or when having achieved a comparable stage of their studies.
- Human or dental medicine specialist training or post graduate research stays in Germany cannot be supported.
- Persons having already achieved a doctorate are not eligible for a scholarship.
- The duration and level of funding varies for different types of studies.
- Graduates (master or postgraduate students) receive a monthly scholarship of € 850 ( € 861 as of August 1, 2020).
- The standard funding period is two years. After having obtained unconditional admission to doctoral studies at a German university, PhD-students receive a monthly scholarship of € 1.200.
- The standard funding period for PhD scholars is three years. We also fund research stays in Germany for the minimum of three semesters.
How to Apply-
fill out the application form online and upload all required application documents. Please do not send in any documents by mail as these will not be considered. The application period ends on July 15th (12:00/noon) each year for the domestic procedure.
Please download and fill out the application form and attach the following documents if you are applying for a MA-Scholarship.
- A meaningful CV in tabular form including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment.
- Motivation letter.
- Copies of your examination certificates in German translation if the originals are not in English.
- Copies of your studies performance records if you have been studying at a University in Germany.
- Proof of German language skills (B 2).
- An informal academic letter of recommendation: This letter should provide information about your academic qualifications and potential; it should not be older than two month. The author has to be a university professor or teacher holding a doctoral degree.
- An informal letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality: This letter should focus on your personality and interests as well as on your understanding of values and your social commitment. The author cannot be the same as the one providing the academic letter of recommendation.
- Certificate of admission or matriculation from your university in Germany.
- A photo.
If you are applying for a PhD-Scholarship, please add the following documents:
- A detailed description of your doctoral thesis: This exposé, written in German or English (4-5 pages), should outline the central research question of your proposed project, its scientific relevance, your theoretical approach and the motives behind your choice of the research subject. It should also contain a work and time schedule and a bibliography.
- A second academic letter of recommendation: This second letter should be written by the supervisor of your doctoral thesis, providing you already have one. It replaces the letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality.
Last Date for Apply– 15 July 2020
See Position Details-
Click here to apply-
Join Our Discussion Forum – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions