Designation/Position- Tongarewa Scholarship
University of Wellington, New Zealand invites application for Tongarewa Scholarship (Fully Funded) for eligible and interested candidates
About- The Tongarewa Scholarship (“the Scholarship”) celebrates the University’s commitment to our international student community. We award a range of these scholarships to international students each year. This is a partial fee-based scholarship that will be put towards your tuition fees for one year of study. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
Study level- Master’s Degree
Location- University of Wellington, New Zealand
Applicants must be:
- international students who are paying full international fees
- entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- completed the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme
- are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our overseas partner universities
- are in your second year of study in the same degree programme at Victoria University of W
The Scholarship is a partial fees scholarship. Up to 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 will be available to both undergraduate and postgraduate recipients and up to 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 will be available to postgraduate recipients only. The Scholarship will be paid towards tuition fees once you are fully enrolled at the University.
Scholarships are awarded competitively on the basis of academic excellence. They apply to study in the year following application and will be credited to tuition fees. Shortlisted candidates may be requested to provide additional information to support their application. Recipients of the Scholarship are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by their deadline.
Scholarship Level: School leaver / 1st year; Masters Research; Postgraduate; Masters by coursework
- Closing Date(s): 1 June (For Trimester 2), 30 November (For Trimester 1), 1 September (For Trimester 3)
- Tenure: One year
- Award for: International Students
- Number offered: See additional information
- Value: $5,000 or $10,000. See additional information
How to Apply-
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
To apply for the Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 2, 2021 by 1 June, click on this link: Apply online
To apply for the Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 3, 2021 by 1 Sept, click on this link: Apply online
Last Date for Apply– 1 June / 30 November/1 September