Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship funded by the Canadian Govt.
Designation/Position- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
Govt. of Canada invites application for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008. It strengthens Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning.
Named after Major-General Georges P. Vanier, the first francophone Governor General of Canada, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) program helps Canadian institutions attract highly qualified doctoral students.
- The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students.
- Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
- The program was launched by the Government of Canada in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract, retain and attract world- class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence.
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
To be eligible for CGS, applicants must be:
- Canadian citizens
- permanent residents of Canada
- foreign citizens
- nominated by the institution at which they want to study
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program is administered by the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) on behalf of Canada’s three federal granting agencies. The Secretariat is housed within the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
Scholarship Benefits- Pays $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies of the students
How to Apply-
*Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program.
- submit Vanier CGS application packages through ResearchNet
- It will first be submitted to the Canadian institution.
- Canadian institution will be putting forward their nomination.
- Candidates should verify institutional internal deadlines with the administrator at the nominating institution.
- To be eligible for funding, candidates must attain an average score of at least 3.1 in each of the three criteria– Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion page
Last Date for Apply– 02 November 2021
|July – November 2021||Applicants seek a nominating institution, prepare and submit an application package.|
|Internal Deadline (varies)||Deadline to submit an application to the nominating institution. Contact the nominating institution for a specific date.|
|November 2, 2021 (20:00 EST)||Deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.|
|November 2021 – March 2022||Review and evaluation of nominations.|
|Early April 2022||Anticipated notification of results. Nominees will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.|
|May 1, 2022, September 1, 2022, or January 1, 2023||Payments begin.|