Designation/Position- Women in STEM Scholarship
MPOWER Financing, Washington invites application for Women in STEM Scholarship (degree program) for eligible and interested candidates
About- In keeping with MPOWER’s commitment to empower high-potential global citizens to realize their educational aspirations — and become tomorrow’s leading scientists and innovators — this scholarship program focuses on women who will use their STEM degree to benefit society and the planet and who have the potential to serve as role models and advocates for women in STEM.
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, in the 2015-2016 academic year (the last year for which data was available), 32 percent of STEM degrees in the U.S. were awarded to women. In addition, the Society of Women Engineers found that gender inequities are especially pronounced in engineering and computer science, with just 20 percent of bachelor’s degrees in engineering and computer science held by women.
Study level- full-time degree program
Location- MPOWER Financing, Washington
- Be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- Be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable:For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant meets one of these criteria:Has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be female
- Is protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Is a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant meets one of these criteria:Is a Canadian permanent resident
- Has a valid Canadian study permit
The Scholarship ends on July 20, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST. Only entries submitted and received during the Scholarship Period will be eligible. MPOWER is both the official timekeeper and final arbiter of eligibility for each Scholarship. For the Scholarship Period, three (3) Scholarship winners will be selected. The first-place winner will be awarded a $3,000 MPOWER Scholarship to be applied to tuition, fees, or expenses at the winner’s school of attendance (each a “Prize”). Two additional winners will be awarded a $1,000 and a $500 scholarship. Students (the “Entrants”) may enter the Scholarship once.
How to Apply-
Last Date for Apply– 20 July 2021